Saturday, October 25, 2014

Updating 2014 Case Style

Gramma and Grampa Case came over for an Easter Egg hunt in the wild, wild backyard.
 The boys having fun, causing trouble no doubt, in the car.
 All summer long, Deakin is terribly jealous that we don't have a big lawn to mow, so he goes and helps Gramma mow!
 And this is what happens when it is time to go home...
 In May this year I went to BYU's Women Conference.  It was a great experience, that I will make an annual tradition with the women I love.
 While we are listening to positive messages about how not to kill your kids when you are feeling a little praying mantis-like, the women take packets of humanitarian projects that are completed and sent to women's shelters.  I think this touched me the most; seeing all of these really fantastic women donating their time and talents...there were over 30,000 humanitarian packages completed in just 2 days.  How awesome is that!
 Loved this talk.
 Boys, trying to bury each other (and lots of my kitchen tools) in the dirt mountains in the backyard.
 Deakin, 3 years old.
 All about Deakin, completed in preschool, 3 years old.
 Toward the end of Dillon's first grade year, he had a program where we got to hear his class sing a couple songs in Spanish.  Kind of a proud mama!
 Deak and his little buddy, Ryker Anderson.
 This past summer we tried to go on a bunch of hikes.  The kids loved hiking, because they would wear the camelbak's.  That has the unfortunate side effect of having pit stops all along the hike.  Oh dear.  Yes, we were the WT family "watering the flowers" all along the path.
 Handsome little Dill. 7 years.
 Little buddies forever.
 Another movie night with some of the boys friends. Love that cheesy smile on Dillon.
 Hiking Cascade Springs
 Whiskey Springs cookout, summer 2014.  Deakin has a hard time recognizing danger in any of the following: skewers, fires, and lighting marshmallows on fire and flinging them around. *sigh*  He is so independent, which I love, but sometimes he needs to reign it in and allow a little help!!!
 Dillon losing another tooth.  Bravest kid I know, except when it comes to his mouth.  Freak out, pull it, love ya forever!
 I remember as a kid burying the cat in a sand pile in the back of my parents yard as a kid...I think this is taking it to a whole new level.  See if you can get out of this Dill!  (you know their pops was involved here for sure)!
 Deakin's graduation from his first year of preschool.  He had a really fun time with all his little neighborhood buddies.  Such a handsome little champ.
 I made little graduation cupcakes with the hats and all.  Martha would be so proud.
 Deakin's class.
 Deakin, next to bestie Ryker.
 What do you mean I can't have 3? But, I am 3!!  You're not making sense mom!
 Deakin played t-ball this summer for the first time.  Dill was offered, but didn't like it the first time he did it. Practice at Leslie Anderson's.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that things are much harder when you are small... 
I 
 Before and after pics of our front yard.  Such a chore.  But, it turned out really beautiful.
 Getting there...
 Done!
 Having a good time, at Hang Time in Provo.  The boys love going there...and we love getting their energy out before bedtime.  I would pay a ton to have one closer!
 Dillon is loving Basketball lately...
 The most wonderful thing about tiggers...
 Look what I can do ma...He did flips that made my heart jump out of my chest.
 Our beautiful Mila.  My heart was not complete without her.
Celebrating the school year being over for all my handsome men.  Jonny finished his fourth year teaching (3 at RMMS), Dillon finished 1st grade, and Deakin finished his first year of preschool.  We grabbed a pizza and some treats and played at the park after school with some buddies.  A little bitter sweet to see my family growing up.
 We went to Chili's to celebrate and Deakin was so tired, he crashed in the middle of the meal.  Such a little cutie.  He refuses naps, but sometimes still really needs one.  Adore this tired little face.
 More hikes and adventures at Whiskey Springs.
 How could this not be a weapon mom?-Deakin
 Dillon playing in the water at Whiskey Springs.
 I will always protect you.-Mila.  And she does.  I was tickling Deakin in the living room and apparently it was getting too loud and crazy for Mila's comfort level with Deakin involved so she came over and had my arm in her mouth to protect Deak.  She was honestly trying to make sure I wouldn't hurt him.  What a dork.  This kid hasn't ever even been spanked.  But, I thought her love for him was endearing.  She did get in trouble for being too aggressive though.  Love this dog.
 Skate park, Heber.
 Skate park, or slides? Either way.

 I never tire of their sweet sleeping faces.
 Daddy took the boys to the zoo this summer while I took my National License Exams.  I had to test in SLC, so both times Jonny took the boys to the zoo.  I worked really hard, and prayed harder and passed.  What a sigh of relief.  I lost a lot of sleep, and my eye twitched for 2 months before and 2 months after.  Good grief. I don't deal well with stress apparently.

 You can also use these as backpacks mom, did you know that?
 Love this...
 So much.
 Deak has been obsessed with goggles this year; in the tub, in the yard, working with dad in the garage...
 Out of order, but this was Father's day.  Pull a parts, sausages, and pears sliced with cinnamon sprinkled on top with orange julius.  Not that Jonny got to eat much.  We have a habit of eating the food for the person.  Super thoughtful.
 Mom, I am way too big for naps.  However, if we watch a movie and I happen to fall asleep, that's a different story.
 Movie night Case style.  Mila wanted to join in as well.
 Another hike this summer.  Mila loves coming along.  Cascade Springs.


 We live in such a beautiful place.
 We found a guy getting rid of his nursery so we got 30 trees for our backyard forest.  Deakin, always the helper.  I don't mean that sarcastically.  If there is work to be done, he will cry if we don't allow him to help us.  He is such a good little boy.
 Jonny said he'd watch the kids while I napped one day.  This is how that turned out.  Pretty adorable.
Deakin didn't have a bathing suit with him at Aunt Heidi's, so he improvised!
 So, I made cookies for the boys.  Then I had a crisis call at the hospital, and this is how I found the cookies in the morning.  This was "clean up" Jonny style.  I laughed (and was livid) because this is SOOO not Jonny's speed.  But, yes, he did wad them up and shoved them in the microwave for later.
 Picnics at Gramma and Grandpa's all summer long.  Can't wait to have our own backyard to have everyone over for food and fun here.
 And, this is what happens when the kids get your camera phone.
 Father's and Son's 2014.  They were supposed to be camping up near the Girls Camp in Timber lakes, but because of the Rainbow Gathering, it was deemed too dangerous.  They were just camping out at the church, but that sounded lame, so the boys went and played and then came home and had their own camp out with a movie in the living room.
 It is difficult to tell whose bed this is.
 Still too big for naps...
 Jonny was working on a project with Brad and took us to see.  There were baby cows that they boys were brave enough to let suck on their fingers.

Just grocery shopping, grampa style.
 Another hike this summer up near Strawberry Reservoir.  It was gorgeous, but not a hiking trail.  It would be a good horse trail. There was lots of water.
 We love the South Field Park.


CAMPOUT 2014
We went to McPhee again this year, so it is closer for Cass.  So grateful she makes it a priority to come and spend her holidays with the fam.  We love her and her family so much.  And our kids adore each other.
 Grandpa had Bridge-Dog on his back, and at one point on this hike we all got separated.  Oh dear.  It was scary for a minute because it was around 105, and they were without water bottles.  Cass handled it pretty well.  I would have been losing my ever-lovin mind.  Dad and Bridge decided to hike back to the main entrance rather than take the tram, and didn't tell any adults. Oopsie.  But, you gotta love my dad and his spirit of adventure, and his fitness.
 This was the greatest summer ever! The kids all got to ski on this training board, including Deakin
(who was only 3)! What rock stars!!! I was WAY more nervous than Deakin even thought about being.  This is Grandpa helping teach/practice on dry land.
 Grandpa and Bridge
 Going to visit more Anasazi ruins.  So incredible.  Sooo grateful I was born now.  I prefer my office so much more than I would like grinding corn, or making clothes.
 They had a water system that was at the back of the cave where they collected water for the group, now moss grows there.
 We all took turns climbing into their sacred kiva's and admiring their artwork, and talking about their sacred rituals.
 I think they were supposed to be holding up 2-0-1-4, for the year. That did not go well.  Then the guide was talking, so I had to sit down.  Some things are so complicated.
 16 year-old Taylor
 It was hot, but at least this year I remembered to bring a t-shirt.  Last year I had a hoodie on (it is cold in the morning at the campgrounds). So, I ended up taking the hoodie off and wearing my undershirt only (which had the added benefit of being a little old, and a little see through).  Heaven help us all.

 Jonny doesn't love camping as much as I do, but honestly this trip with my family is one of my favorite times of the year. I probably enjoy and look forward to this week more than my birthday and Christmas.  It is always a good time, and God blessed us with beautiful sunsets every night.
 Just lovin my dog.
 We began digging for sprinkler lines in August. Deakin got in the tractor and helped Jonny much of the time.
 Oops, so that's where we buried the downspout drain.  Hahaha. 

No comments: