Sunday, April 21, 2013

Better Late...

Well, it has been a while, but here is an update from the Case family...

In Case you are wondering, winter in the Wasatch Back, is freezing...so you will notice lots of indoor crafty pictures, because that is how we get through the season sane (mostly).

Dill and I painting window clings.
Goofy picture of Dill, but he made this awesome snowman for school, Baby was a big help as you can imagine. 
Who doesn't love Vel-vits coloring art!?
Showing off our pretty dog Mila. That was her first collar and it was a little loose, now she is in a large collar, and still growing.
Deaky and I finger painting while Dillon was at school.  I always love the before and after shots.
Before:
After:
Still loving his "creative side."
And, who can resist displaying their artwork?
Then Dill and I had fun finger painting while Deak was sleeping.  I love the one-on-one with my boys.
Before:
After: not nearly as much fun as when Deak gets messy.
We got into the cereal...notice the pout on  Dills face.  That was big trouble needless to say.
Another favorite pastime, costumes.  I think this is some sort of hobbit/spider man, and no costume is complete without a sword.
The Boys playing together
We had our friend Carston over and he helped us make cookies.  Another fun way to pass the winter away.
Valentines Day 2013. The boys woke up to balloons, bags with gifts, and big smiles. 
And, of course heart-shaped pancakes colored pink.  Pancakes are a main food group at our house.
For a Two-Crew activity we made glitter bottles.  You fill the bottle with water, add your favorite food coloring, glitter, and then glue the lid on.
Here are our friends Chloe and Graham making glitter bottles with us.
Super fun to hold them in front of the window and watch the glitter float to the bottom.  Also a great technique for helping kids to settle before interacting with others (aka hitting your brother).
Pretty Little Mila.  She is so much bigger than that now, it is awesome!
Mila, always curious, jumped up on the bench in our mud-room.  Unfortunately, she was a bit of a baby and wouldn't jump down.  We laughed and laughed at her, and took tons of pictures, and a video, but eventually we had to carry her down. We love our little scardy cat.
More costumes...lovin' the swords.
This costume is my favorite; a commando style chicken.  Makes perfect sense when you are 2.
So, we have our cousin over and Deakin was sleeping and the boys were playing.  It was really quiet in the house, and I couldn't figure out where the boys went.  Then I am hearing distant voices...following the noise I found the closet closed with tiny voices inside...
Just closet gaming.
"Hey Ma, can you bring us some snacks and pillows?"
For school they had "mis-match day." Dillon wore different socks and different shoes. Kindergarten is so much fun.
More costumes: Iron Man/King/Cowboy...now that's classy.
Not sure what this creature is, but it is to be feared for sure.
Another Two-Crew activity; we made peanut butter play dough. I love that Deak is just in heaven between his two gal-pals.  Such a ladies man.
Playing with their yummo treat.
We started watching a series on Hulu called Merlin with Colin Morgan in it.  It is so much fun.  Before we began, we made wands as a family so we would be ready to cast spells of our own.  I think I have been turned into a witch/frog several times.  I am not sure if that is a commentary on my mothering style, or just a statement about my willingness to jump around the house.
Magical memories...
Deak and I were bored while Dillon was at school (we miss him terribly) so today we played with shaving cream.
Before:
After:
Daddy's birthday.  Jonny turned 31 this year.  Breakfast in bed is the best: you get none, the kids get full tummies, and your sheets need immediate washing.  But, it's fun!
Cake and ice-cream as a family.
Mila's first hair-cut.  She was so long over due, her hair was everywhere when they were done.  I missed her cute hair, but she is much easier to bathe now with a sleek coat.  You know that your pet is more than a pet, and really a part of your family when you are worried about leaving her alone at Petco.
On St. Patrick's day this year, the Leprechauns left notes all over our house and led the boys on a treasure hunt.  There was "magic powder with gold" at the end (pistachio pudding).  They also got socks, pencils for school leprechaun style, and tattoos.
And of course, green pancakes, and green eggs and ham for dinner.
Dilly and Daddy made this bird house and painted it.  My boys love doing hands-on things like building.  It was fun to watch them work together.
We have been really excited to get outside after the long winter indoors.  Deak couldn't wait so he got his boots, had and costumes ready and headed out.  Notice the rosy cheeks.
Dillon read Green Eggs and Ham all by himself to his Grandpa Case on St. Patricks Day.  We then made green eggs and ham for dinner and fed them!
Pat is so fantastic at getting in there and engaging with his grand kids! We love you Pat.
Green eggs and Ham...bon appetit!
Easter:
Dying eggs at our house.
I am not sure why we always follow the tradition of egg dying; only Jonny really eats the eggs, and that's after 50% of them are broken during the process.  But, alas, the kidders had fun.  TMI alert: the dog loves eggs, but her flatulence is punishing. Not doing that again.
The boys found their baskets in the basement this year. Sneaky ol' rabbit. 
Deaky, pretty excited about his find.
The Easter Bunny always brings new bathing suits at our house.  This year, bright orange.
Handsome little men.
This picture took literally 5 minutes and some "just hold still and smile!!!!"  Still not the greatest shot, but they are holding still and smiling, I guess beggars can't be choosers.
And, if you're noticing a theme here...yes, again egg-like pancakes for Easter breakfast.
The back-yard egg hunt.
We couldn't get Deakin to gather eggs.  He figured out that there was candy and prizes inside and just wanted to open one at a time, eat, process, and then move on.  He, himself, actually only gathered about 5 eggs.  Lucky for him, Dillon shared his bounty.
"Looky Ma, money."
The Loot
(after Dillon shared his mess of candy).
For lunch on Easter, we made chick faces using toast, pepperoni, bananas, chocolate chips, and apples. 
More costuming....this one is some sort of Knight I believe.
Taking some family photos.  Not a great one, but the one below turned out okay we think.
The Case Family
Spring 2013

1 comment:

KarlandKarie said...

loved the updates. What a creative MOM and family. You need to pin all those cute ideas.