Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dillon's Birthday and More...

 Dillon lost his second tooth!  We were worried that the tooth underneath was coming in crooked (correct assumption there) so I made Jonny pull it out.  Dillon was a little upset, maybe surprised is a better word, but quickly recovered and was excited! 
 Dill the toothless wonder!
 The boys love playing in costume, and even better, outside! 
Dillon's 6th Birthday!
We woke him up to have breakfast in bed: pancakes, sausage, fruit smoothie, and ice cream on the side.  Mostly we eat the ice cream on the pancakes with syrup, but for some reason Dill thinks that is nasty.  Who knew?
Sharing with little brother...
The best part: opening presents!
Dillon loves Lego's currently Ninjago.
Dillon got a Razor for his birthday.  He had fun putting it together with Daddy.
And man, have the boys enjoyed riding scooters around...everywhere...the kitchen the basement, and our newest found treasure, the Skate Park.
Then Dillon wanted to go fishing for his birthday, so we headed out to Midway to the State Park where the boys and I fished for about an hour.  In the background at the park they were setting up for something unknown to us.  After Dillon caught his fish (amen) we realized that it was an event about the environment just for kids!  So, we stuck around for an additional 2 hours and did lots of cool stuff as you'll see in the pics below:  
My big boy fishing!
And Baby...what a pill he was that morning.  He was trying to go swimming.
Finally, he caught a fish (that is still taking up residence in my freezer, yarf).
I love this photo because everyone is leaning away from the owl.
"Okay Mom, hurry and snap the picture while I hide here behind Dad."
There were lots of cool animals, and we were taught how to take care of them by taking care of our environment.  It was fun!
Dilly and some other kids looking at all the creatures. Honestly, if he isn't the cutest kid...
Matching feathers to the correct birds.  This one was tricky...the lady was some sort of environmentalist with a Phd in this stuff, and wanted the kids  to match feathers that I couldn't even tell the difference between.  Goofy.  I'll bet she had lots of friends as a kid.
Dillon making a seed "bomb."  As you could probably guess, he loved this one the most because it involved the word "bomb." 
He took some clay flattened it, and then filled the center with a wildflower mixture, then rolled it all together.  He put it in our garden, and is looking forward to seeing his flowers in the springtime.
Next he learned about carbon printing, and so they painted fish and pressed it onto a paper.
Then there was a truck bed filled with sand that had a water system hooked up to it, so the guy could flood the sand on command.  We learned about rivers and waterways.  Dillon and Deakin just liked watching the cars and houses get swept away!
And to finish off the evening, we built a fort (Thanks Dawna & Moe) to watch our movie in!
Dillon wanted brownies for his birthday instead of cake. Who am I to complain?  It was easy, and they loved it.
And loved it, and loved it!

For a day (literally only one day) I thought about potty training Deakin.  Then he pooped his pants and ran around with it in his jockey's for about 20 minutes without telling me, so I quickly thanked heaven for disposable diapers and threw him back in them.
We love costumes at our house!  I hope they don't outgrow them anytime soon, because this is one of my favorite sights:
Oh, I've been slain as the dragon several hundred times (which has the added benefit of creating bruises) but honestly, it is so much fun...a little purple arm is worth it...at least they don't get my face!
For Two Crew we had a bunch of kids and mamma's over to decorate Halloween cookies!
"A little for me, a little for the cookie, a little for me...a screw it...a lot for me!"
As mentioned earlier, here are some pictures of the Skate Park.  Deakin and Dillon LOVE the park, and want to go every waking minute!  We have to go early in the morning before all the rowdy teenagers get there after school.  Some might even call them hoodlums. hahaha, inside joke.
Handsome Dillon showing off his skills.
Cutie Baby showing off how dangerous he can be, "I've noticed that when I do this, Mommy has a heart attack!  Let's keep doing it!"
More dangerousness...walking along the edge.  You should know that he HATES Jonny or I walking along side him, "I'm a big boy, go away."
Having a fun day at the zoo!
I just can't get enough pictures of our beautiful green grass!  Love that my kids can go out and play anytime!

Halloween 2012
Dillon was several things for the various parties we were invited to... but on the actual day he decided to be Spider man, and Baby was a mouse.  For breakfast on Halloween we made Frankenstein pancakes.  Being a mom is such a fun gig. 
Mommy dressed up as a witch to go around trick-or-treating!
We took our wagon and carted the kids around from house to house.  We stayed out in the street and let them run up to the door for their loot.  Halloween didn't yield a good return for our money this year: Deakin insisted on giving everyone at the door some of his candy, or trading for a new piece.  We laughed so hard.  Life is fun when you are young and innocent and not concerned about yourself and what you're getting out of it.
Baby crashed out in the wagon after about an hour.  Notice the suckers.  I think he tasted (we won't say ate, because he literally sucked on them for a few minutes and dove into another one) about 10 suckers that night!
My adorable Dillon getting ready for school in the morning.
Best present of all: Cass and Ty came home for a visit.  We followed them down to Kaysville and spent almost the whole week with them (I had to come back for work a bit) and then we went down to Blanding/Monticello to attend the twins blessings.  I cried as I saw Blakely Belle in Sally's wedding dress, such a sacred, spiritual moment.  I think if I should ever have a little gal, I will sew her blessing dress out of my wedding gown as well.  Her mother-in-law sewed the most intricate bead work on the dress and the head piece.  I will post more pictures as they become available.  Bridge-Dog was a handsome little chap as well, but lets be honest, the wedding gown took the cake!
Dillon and I put together his newest Lego Ninjago motorcycle.  It took a long time, but we had fun together while Baby slept.
Here is a picture of Gramma West reading stories to the boys before bedtime at Gramma's house.  Deakin lasted for about 2 minutes and then wanted to wrestle with uncle Ty.

1 comment:

-morgan said...

ok, this was AWESOME!!!! i basically loved every freakin' picture.

I remember the beanie that Jonny has on, black green yellow, etc...? yeah, pretty sure someone on the mission stole my matching one. Also, the pancakes with Santa!? So awesome! I was jealous. You are such a great mom Britt. Seriously.