Deakin "helping" mommy clean the kitchen. Alright, honestly, no cleaning gets done, but giving him some cleaning tools keeps him busy so I can get something done around the house!
My handsome Deakin wearing my old college beanie.
For the opening night of Twilight part II, I held a party for all of my gal-friends in the neighborhood. We did it last year too, and it was so much fun. We get together and have food, laugh, chat, and then head over to the theaters to watch the movie! I think I'll make it an annual tradition and pick a new movie each year. Next year I will do the Hunger Games, but make it a date night!
Some of the food and decor before the guests arrived:
We have discovered a new favorite around the Case house: dippers. We make tiny pancakes and then get bowls of our favorite dipping sauces like jams, jellies, and syrup with melted butter (super healthy) but the kids love it!
On December 6, 2012 we picked up the newest member of our family:
Mila
The Back Story:
In October I found out that the local clinic I was working for was being taken over by another agency out of Provo. I can't even begin to talk about the stress that ensued. All clinicians were out of work, including me, as of January 1, 2013. The county informed us that if we were interested in further employment to contact Wasatch Mental Health, apply, and good luck. It was devastating. At this time I asked Jonny if I got my job, could we get a dog? He said, "you can have what ever you want if you get the job!" jokingly, of course. So, I put together my resume, applied, and held my breath. I was more than a little disappointed upon hearing during a meeting with WMH that they were not interested in part-time employees, because I was only working 10 hours at the time. But, on the Monday after that meeting a part-time position for a clinician was opened, and I was tentatively excited. I finally got the call for an interview, and prepared, and prepared, and prepared. What I expected in the interview was nothing like what it was in reality. I was so under prepared. I flopped big time. The interviewers were frustrated because I was applying for a part-time position, and they were looking to hire full-time at this point. There was obvious irritation in the room. I answered the questions terribly, was not prepared for the kind of questions they asked, and was overwhelmed. I was so shocked at how terribly the interview went that all I could do was laugh all day. I eventually cried that night, and told Jonny not to hold his breath for a call-back on that one. That was on Wednesday November 28th. There was also a take-home component of the interview that we were to type up, and send back as soon as possible. I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even look at the paper and concentrate, so I put it off until the next day. I found out that my current boss talked to WMH and told them about my skills and attitude in a positive light, which was so kind and generous on her part. The next morning I was able to write with clarity the things I knew and had studied more clearly on the take-home part. Then on Monday December 3, 2012 around 5pm, the director of WMH called and asked me if I would like the job! ??? Words cannot describe my emotion. I laughed and cried a little on the phone and asked if he was joking, because my interview was so horrid. He just laughed and stated that he was excited to work with me, and noticed my positivity in the interview. I guess I will never know all of the components that made this miracle happen for our little family, but I am grateful, hence...we named our dog: Milagro, which means miracle in spanish, and we call her Mila for short so we will always remember the Lord's hand in our lives when we think of our little Mila.
Here are some pictures of us choosing our little puppy at the breeders. She was so quiet and sweet, we knew she was the on for us instantly.
Deakin being mauled by Mila upon meeting.
Dillon didn't understand that we were taking her home with us that night. We told him we were getting her for an early Christmas present, and he heard Christmas and thought we'd have to come back and get her in a few weeks. He was so excited when we told him we get to take her home with us in our car that night! We didn't tell the kids we were getting a dog, we simply told them we had a big surprise for them that we had to go and drive to get. It was really fun! Upon walking into their house Dillon stated, "they have a lot of dogs!" I asked him if they have too many, and should we maybe buy one? He didn't understand at first, but then we told him we could pick one and keep her, he was ecstatic! I am convinced that all boys (and their mama's) need a pup!
Our little family just before driving home.
Miss Mila detests riding in the car. We have done it a few times now, and she cries for like 15-20 minutes until finally giving up and falling asleep.
I stupidly put her in the laundry room thinking that would be an easy potty training experience: negative. She would simply step off her bed and pee everywhere!
Mila running around the yard with best buddy Deakin.
Our pretty little Mila, not sure if she wants to enter the sand box for the first time.
Getting her first bath. She was a trooper. She whined a little, but didn't jump out and sat still.
Then, after talking to my wise sister Sally, she told me to get a cage and keep her caged so she learns to pee only outside and not in her bed, or our house. It is working wonders! She is still not allowed around the house, and I expect it will be a while until she is, but she is making progress!
Miss Mila sleeping with her doggie and clock help her sleep through the night.
Mila is an Airedale terrier and will be around 50-60 lbs when full grown.
















2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! I love her!! That photo of her going into the sand box is BEAUTIFUL!!! love it! And I am so happy for you and that you got the job!! YAY!! xox
Your little family is so cute! I love seeing pictures of everyone! I've heard Mila has gotten so much bigger!? I need to see more pics! :-D
Post a Comment