Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A little of what we've been doing...

Well, I have been terrible at carrying my camera around and capturing all the fun we've had this summer, but here are just a couple things we have been doing!
 We went to the Kennecott Copper Mine, and man, did the boys think that was awesome!  The size of the place, and not to mention the huge "tractors" made the experience!
 And, what would Heber City be without Fair Days! This year we attended the Derby, the carnival rides, and went to the rodeo.  Here is a picture of all my handsome boys at the Derby.  Perhaps the big kid was most excited (I'm talking about Jonny here folks).
 And, finally some pics of the yard.  It has taken SOOOO much work and help from family members, but we are finally seeing green.  Thanks for all the help!
 More yard.
 This is a little sample of pics to come!  My sister, Cass, had the twins!  Both babies were born healthy and strong.  Their names are Blakely and Bridger.  Aren't they so beautiful!  I am waiting for more pics, and I will post them when I get them!
Funny things Dillon has said lately:
No. 1
Dillon: (sitting in the back of the car mumbling to himself in a whisper), "Uhmm...shits,  uhmmm, shit..."
Me: "Hey Dill, what are you saying back there?"
Dillon: "What is the name of our neighbors dog again?"
Me: (giggling)..."Stitch."
Dillon: "Oh, I thought it was Shits."

No. 2
Dillon: (This came out of the blue, again while we were in the car) "When me and my girlfriend move in together, we are getting a parrot."
(Now this is how men and women differ in thinking; I was thinking...move in together...we need to talk about marriage first buddy.  But not Jonny he was only concerned about one thing as he replied:)
Jonny: "You're not both going to move into my house right?"
Dillon: "Um...naw, we'll get our own house.  Then you and Grandpa can come and help us with our yard like he has been helping you with your yard."

So, I guess girls are not as yucky as they were last year?  Darn, I was hoping that would last a while...like until he is in college. 

2 comments:

Cassia said...

Hahahaha that is awesome!! What a funny stud!! Man do I miss my buddies!!

Jess Simonsen said...

Your yard looks so beautiful!! I need to come up again and see it! And when did you go to the copper mines?? I thought we were gonna go together :'(