Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy 3rd Sugar-Baby

Dillon was in a rush here to get outside and ride the "tractor." Lucky me for getting this shot in before the festivities began.
A shot of the kids table. It was a tractor theme birthday party. We celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa West's house, which was really fun!
The buddies: Dill, Caden, and Brecken. They ran outside to go for a ride before anyone else got there. I was worried that they wouldn't be as excited when everyone else arrived....boy was I wrong! The kids rode around for about an hour and 15 minutes, and they were still pumped and ready for more!
Here is a picture of Grandpa driving the kids around. Thanks so much Dad, that was great! The kids: Nathan, Dill, Caden, Brecky, and Will wearing the black in the front. There were also Skyler and Jacob there too, but they didn't want to ride.
All the kidders eating their dinners. We had Dill's favorite dinner: pizza of course, and I didn't even make him eat any vegetables for this meal! I thought that was particularly generous. The kids loved the dump trucks filled with candy the best I think.
We played a couple games. First we played pass around the tractor and when the music stopped you came out of the circle and got a candy bar. Dillon didn't get his until the very end, and looked quite concerned.
Next we played pin-the-dirt-on-the-dump-truck. This one was a big hit as well, and I loved to see the peaking. After Dillon placed his dirt here and removed his blindfold, he quickly corrected the mistake and put it on the truck. Perhaps a little young for the game? Haha.
Dilly's cousin Nathan gave him some purple fangs that were pretty exciting for Dill. He choked on them a couple times, so they had to "disappear" in a hurry. Luckily there was enough excitement that he didn't notice. He sure loved everyone's presents.
And here is a picture of his beautiful Grandma West holding his AWESOME cake! I am not sure if the picture does it justice, but it was so great! It was a tractor plowing a hay field...notice the bales on the side. Then there is a cabbage patch on the corner. And around the sides were "tire wheels" aka Oreo cookie halves with frosting centers. My mom is amazing!
So, happy birthday Baby! Thanks to everyone for coming! We sure appreciate the love and support we feel from both families! And thanks again to mom and dad for letting us use your house!

1 comment:

leah said...

Such a great party and such a happy fun lovin' birthday boy. We sure love him.