Deakin turned 2 on August 27th 2012. We have so loved having him in our little family. He bring laughter like no one else in our clan. He made waffles with coconut ice cream (non dairy for our little guy with allergies to milk), sausage, and juice.
Deakin enjoying his breakfast...along with Dill and Daddy sharing too!
For his birthday we bought him a bubble-blowing lawn mower, which he was thrilled about! We mowed the lawn together, and he lasted the entire time pushing his little mower right behind me with the real mower. I am going to remind him when he is a teenager, how much he loves mowing!
Deaky opening presents in bed.
On his actual birthday we were going to go swimming at the Kamas rec center, but it was closed. So we went to the ward carnival, and then had movie and pizza night. We watched Despicable Me for the millionth time for Baby, because it is his favorite show currently.
Deakin blowing out his candles, after digging in with his fingers.
Who needs a fork or plate? Not this kid!
Oh lame, mom and dad got me a plate.
We spent the day with just our little family and loved it. We threw a big party for friends and family a little later...pictures coming.
And, the water works begin...
Dillon started Kindergarten.
I rode with him on the bus his first day and respectfully stayed several rows behind him so that he could ride with his friends (at his request). Funny; he wanted me there, just not sitting with him. I understand. So, Deakin and I sat behind him and watched him chat excitedly with his friends about what was coming!
Deakin and I riding the bus.
Right when Dill got off the bus his principal, Ms. Burnham, was waiting with huge excited arms welcoming "All my favorite little Kindergartners!" She was adorable, and helped Dill be even more excited about school. I can't say enough positive things about his principal, she is awesome!
Dilly waiting outside the school with some of his buddies from the neighborhood: Tanner Aardema, and Daniel Griffin.
My handsome Kindergartner.
I held it all together until this point: Dill was walking into the school and the little gal behind him was crying, so he introduced himself and told her how much fun school was going to be and that he would be her friend. He is such a sweet boy. I am missing having him at home, as is Deakin. Despite my outbursts of tears (like 20 times over the past couple weeks) I am really excited for him and his new adventures.
Dillon sitting in his classroom, with mommy peaking around the corner snapping pictures distracting him again.
And finally...Dill returned home! He loved school, the bus, and all the kids he gets to play with.
I guess no one ever died of sadness from sending their child off to school, but I can't lie, it has been hard for me, and my heart has been heavy. So, thanks to everyone who has called or checked in on this lame, sappy mom.
















2 comments:
it is hard huh. Love our little guys. I bet it's been nice having some one on one time with Deak though, right?
I Really enjoy your posts. thanks for updating, and those kids are HILARIOUS!!! moving was such fun with them there.
Post a Comment