Thursday, September 2, 2010

Introducing Deakin Dean Case

Our newest little darling: Deakin Dean Case was born on August 27, 2010 at 10:31 pm. After a mere 13.5 hours, Deakin was born a whopping 8.15, (and he was 2 weeks early) 23 inches long, and covered in long black hair. We couldn't be more in love and proud of our sweet baby.
Before the Pediatrician's orders not to have visitors, we had a "big brother party." I have to admit, it was really fun and made Dillon so excited and really in love with his brother.
Our little Deakin had a bit of a hard time coming into this life. He had trouble regulating his blood sugar, had an infection, had to be under bili lights, and this just in, we have thrush (from the antibiotics). We are so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and to have worthy Priesthood members (notice Dillon joining in the blessing) to administer to our baby.
Daddy and Deakin
Dillon showing us how to pump.
Deakin was in the nursery when Dillon came to visit for the first time. Dillon was so frustrated to have to look at him behind the glass...but he got to hold him soon enough.
Daddy and Dilly feeding Deaky for the first time.

"For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart."
1 Samuel 1:27

My sweetheart
Our poor little puppy hooked up to just about every machine in the hospital.

Because we had an extended stay in the hospital, we had numerous bed parties where we watched movies, ate junk food, and did crafty things. My mom came and stayed in the hospital with me to care for me while the nursing staff attended to Deakin. She is the best! My mother in law was also the most amazing person...she took care of us while I was on bedrest, and brought awesome food to the hospital while we were there.
After 5 long days, we finally got to bring our sweetheart home from the hospital with a clean bill of health! Hooray for modern medicine and our Heavenly Father.
"I've got my bag packed up, shoes tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight..."
All ready to come home finally, I can't lie, I shed several happy tears that day.

One of the blessings of pitocin and epidurals: I retain water like the Hoover dam.
Thanks to everyone who prayed and sent well wishes for us. We are so excited to be a family of four finally. Dillon adores his little brother, and we can't wait to see what kind of trouble they get into together. We are happy, healthy, and loving making memories together.

5 comments:

Anna and Ben said...

congrats i am so excited for you to be a family of four too. I hope things are still going well and continue too. When you get all settled in we will have to take a road trip and come and see you. good luck and enjoy that handsome little boy!!

mel said...

Wow! Sounds like you had one heck of a time. Glad he is healthy and you are home! Nothing is better. I can't believe how long he is! He's already almost 2 feet tall! That's amazing. He sure is cute.

leah said...

He is the most adorable little guy! So glad everyone is home and healthy. Good Luck with the nursing!

southernbelleang said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. It was good being able to catch up at Chuck E. Cheese's I'm glad Deakin is doing better.

mikeandang said...

He is so cute. He looks so much like Dillon! I love his chubby little cheeks and I can wait to squeeze them :) You look gorgeous as usual. I hope you're feeling better.

Love ya!