Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rubbers


Me, "Doctor, my son has blood in his stool." Our Pediatrician, "Just on the outside, or all through?" Me, "How would I know?" Doctor, "You're going to need to retrieve some and disect it." Me, "What the *%#@!!!!!"

I calmly put a movie on for Dillon, locked the bathroom door, (I didn't want Dillon to come in there and find me toilet-bowl-diving and think it's a new acceptable sport) and said a few choice words under my breath, and that's when it hit me...this is what parenting is all about: Loving another human being enough to root through even the nastiest stuff while gagging and cursing. But in the end, doing what has to be done. And I thought, am I really ready to be responsible for two? I'm not sure my hands can handle regular bleach-downs. Ya, I'm ready...I now own rubber gloves in several shades. There will probably be double these experiences with Baby Case in tow, but in that moment I decided that I've got enough love to dumpster/toilet-bowl-dive for two.

And, yes, Dillon is fine.

3 comments:

leah said...

I'm glad Dillon is ok. You are one tough momma. I haven't had to do that one yet.

Logan and Stevie Ipsen said...

Oh, gosh. You are a good woman. I think next time it can be Jonny's turn.

Unknown said...

Loved your writing.. It was entertaining. You are such a good momma. Hope you are having fun on your anniversary trip..The blog was fun...