Dillon is officially potty trained! He has been dry now for almost a week...including nights! What a rock star! I am not going to lie...he was much easier to potty train than I thought. Everyone told me horror stories about it taking months and months...but Dilly had about 3-4 bad days (by that I mean that he peed a little and then came running to me) and after that he hasn't wet since. I give much credit to Grandma West who gave me the idea of getting him little gifts (just like dollar store stuff) as incentives. I tried stickers and treats, but he wasn't interested at all. But, every morning I let him pick out of a prize bucket and that is what he works toward at the end of the day. I put the toy where he can see it, but not grab it. Thanks Mom, that was the trick!Friday, July 24, 2009
I'm a big boy now!
Dillon is officially potty trained! He has been dry now for almost a week...including nights! What a rock star! I am not going to lie...he was much easier to potty train than I thought. Everyone told me horror stories about it taking months and months...but Dilly had about 3-4 bad days (by that I mean that he peed a little and then came running to me) and after that he hasn't wet since. I give much credit to Grandma West who gave me the idea of getting him little gifts (just like dollar store stuff) as incentives. I tried stickers and treats, but he wasn't interested at all. But, every morning I let him pick out of a prize bucket and that is what he works toward at the end of the day. I put the toy where he can see it, but not grab it. Thanks Mom, that was the trick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! Congrats!
I love it- the picture says it all!
Ethan was way easy to potty train too- 1 day and some new underwear as an incentive was all it took...he never wet the bed ever. Jaxon...uhm that was another story (one of those horror ones you were talking about!) Hopefully Victoria will be easier!
I love your comments on my blog! I am swearing I am going to quit the dumb facebook thing and get better about this ;) LOVE YA!
Post a Comment